 Local / Australia / 6853
Re: Hi Everybody
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 13:23:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Travis Matheson writes:
Welcome Travis,

Thank You

    not sure about the Ballarat/Horsham way, but we often meet over your
side of the City, Pascoe vale south to be precise.

I'm from way over in the east, Warburton actually.

Melbourne is a train ride and a met card away! (works out to about $10 all
up with consession)

What themes are you into?

Big into Space, classic, futuron, blacktron mostly.  Starting to get back
into castle though.
Though I wish there was more town available, that was a favorite of mine
way back.

what themes are everyone else into?

If anyone is interested I have a web site dedicated to lego.
www.ozbricks.com/batwing

if you visit it let me know what you think.

Travis
G'day,

Well, I used to be local-ish...I'm originally from Colac, though I'm now
based in Craigieburn [north of Melbourne...some would say nearly at the
border with NSW :) ]

I'm sure Paul Baulch will be interested in talking with you about space...he
has a habit of making some interesting space ships :) Personally I'm into
almost any mini-fig theme, though with the Brictoria Barracks project
underway, I'm mainly getting space, pirate and adventurer sets (though
that's not the priorities I work from...Adventurers seem fairly popular with
me at the moment. (speaking of which, you wouldn't have any spare Johnny
thunders or Baron von Baron's would you...I don't quite seem to have enough
of them.])

If you're interested, I think we have a Victorian Lego collectors
get-together coming up [checks notes] Yes, we do indeed have one coming up.
Sue Ann, any chance of you letting me know when there's likely to be a
venue? [and an elusive Melbournne collector?]

Benjamin Whytcross

Lugnet member 407