 Local / Australia / 6893
    Re: Dinosaur sets are out —Adam Wood
   What are other peoples opinions of the Dinosaurs? To me they seem to be one step away from Duplo. Even the Buyonicles and RoboRiders are more 'reusable'. They're pretty cool if that's what you're into, but... 'Adam - who has the entire RoboRiders (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Dinosaur sets are out —Paul Baulch
     (...) They're limited enough in looks, parts, and poseability to be called junk. Having said that, I'd buy particular parts if I thought of a construction to which some their parts were particularly suited. Like if I wanted my Castle cavalry to have (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Dinosaur sets are out (and are storming my lounge room... arghhhhhh!) —Melody Brown
   (...) Well I just went into the city just a little while ago... Star Wars thing was only half built, so bugger that... anyway not many stores had the Dino sets, But we bought some. Personally I think for what they are, they are cool, and the boys (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Dinosaur sets are out —Richard Parsons
   (...) Mmmm. I don't mind them either. Not really Lego in the purist sense (ha, ME talking about Lego purity ;-), but certainly compatible, and I like Paul's idea of using them as mounts for cavalry Star Wars style. All round, this little range looks (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Dinosaur sets are out —Richard Parsons
   (...) And the advice is success! Quite pleased actually. Sure enough there now stands on the medieval shelf behind me two short legged stegosaurian beasts of burden, complete with back straddling yokes for the attaching to grand diabolical engines (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Dinosaur sets are out and about —Richard Parsons
   (...) Not quite the weekend I had in mind. Still, stegosaurian dudes as cavalry mounts and military beasts of burden: (URL) rather like 'em ;-) Richard Still baldly going... (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Dinosaur sets are out and about —Richie Dulin
   (...) Nice work! Those star wars tie fighter wing bricks make great howdah's. (And nice photos too - the grass looks very primeval*) Cheers Richie *(But, for the pedants, I know it's not.) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Dinosaur sets are out and about —Richard Parsons
   (...) Mmmm. This is why the thinking AFOL does not mow his lawn as a matter of course. Not nearly so many MOCs look good photographed on nicely manicured lawns as on the rough and unkempt affairs. And on the odd occaision when the manicured look is (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Crayolasaur (was: Re: Dinosaur sets are out and about) —Melody Brown
   (...) While entertaining the kids... I came across this site (URL) site shows the useage of both Crayola products and LEGO Dinosaur's and Duplo. Thought it might entertain some of you :P Mel (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)