 Local / Australia / 65
Re: Port Block Trading Post (was: Who needs some Spare Parts?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 05:26:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Peter Callaway & Jamie Obrien wrote all manner of interesting stuff about
having an Australian want/trade webpage.

I know its tacky and simple, but how's this grab you?

http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/wtt.htm

Non .au email addresses would need to supply an Australian mailing address.

Do you think its worthwhile to list what State people are from? (I for one
don't)

Any thoughts?

If its OK as a working draft, feel free to hit the email link and tell me
what you want listed.  I'll keep the list in the order originally submitted
(think about it :-)

Regards

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/

I like it a lot. I think if it is kept simple more people will use it. I
gather that the individuals will work out the value of the trade. The only
point of confusion is having a "want" and a "trade" item directly opposite
each other. Someone might interpret this as you wanting to trade a red
micromotor for a handful of pirate minifigs (or perhaps you do?).

I also gather that you just e-mail the person with your proposal, and the
transaction is moved off your web page. Some questions;
1. Is this page fully active?
2. How do we notify you of updates (I'm assuming e-mail, which may in the
future become time consuming if lots of people use this site)?
3. Validity of transactions. Not your problem, but we should think of ways to
minimise the chances of people being ripped off by the unscrupulous types (a
"trip" to Port Block, perhaps?)

Apart from that, it's a big step in the right direction.

Pete Callaway

P.S. I have a number of the old blue train rails, straights and curves (I
killed the cross track and turnouts), but I'm not attracted by your current
"trade" list. Got anything else? I'm going to sort through mu LEGO soon so I
know what I have for trade, and more importantly, what I want (apart from just
grey plates, which I can never get enough of).