 Local / Australia / 62
Re: Who needs some Spare Parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 03:53:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jamie Obrien writes:
I think we could go both ways here. Just have a www page with links to
parts needed (There must be a lot of us) and create at least 1 Oz
Jambalaya box. I know from all the spare part buying (esp thru eBay) i
end up with lots of wierd and wonderful parts that i dont' and can't
really use. And then there's always all those fluro yellow parts that
seem to find their way to me!!!!!!!
If we can get enough people we maybe even could create a small mailing
list of Oz Parts Wanted/Parts Available (For the rarer parts). Ahh, no
more IMO's, no more ridiculously high Postal Rates, no more 3-19 week
delivery times.

Cheers
Jamie Obrien
jamien@interworx.com.au

The www sounds like the easiest way around it, although not being primarily a
computer person (still working out how/when to make my own web page but it's
on the way) it would have to be instigated by someone else. The meeting in Feb
would be a good way to buy/sell parts, but a bit infrequent, unless we meet
regularly.

I'm not sure if there are enough people or interest to start up a jambalaya
box. I think sticking with spare parts is the way to go at the moment, with a
possible list created of stuff not available in Australia, and a bulk order
placed when the list becomes big enough to warrant to shipping cost. I'm sure
we could find some kind AFOL in the US or UK who would act as a shipping
address for collecting and then posting all the various orders (S@H, DYA, TRU
and any other acronym I can think of), for a small consideration. We would
need to dictate the T's and C's on this one.

Just thinking out loud.

Pete Callaway