 Local / Australia / 6440
Bionicles: we can rebuild them...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 05:27:55 GMT

Since its a bit quiet, thought I might chip in with something of an
heretical nature, as is my wont.

Having been exceptionally depressed at the porky pies on the Bionicle tins,
suggesting that the heads were on flexible necks, which they're simply
*not*, I have worked on restoring head movement to my Bionicle dudes (two of
the black deals with the claws - I don't speak Maori, so I call them
Shredder I and Shredder II).

The trick is to get a ball and axle piece, which one can shove up into a
head, and force into one of the socketty thingie's and attach that to the body.

Some of the Bionicles come with a ball thingie mounted on their chest for no
good reason.  You could liberate one of those.

OR!

The best source of ball and axle pieces is Slizer throwing arms.  They were
never any good to anyone anyway.  The shoulder end of those arms is a ball,
and there is an axle shaped section that joins down to the flexible throwing
thingie.  Take your sharp knife (kids, talk to a sensible adult, sharp
knives can kill you and probably will if you play with them - the knives,
not the adults) and cut off the flexible throwing thingie at the lower end
of the axle section.

And on the subject of dud slizer bits, now that we have decent robotic dude
heads, get your old slizer bits out and start making littler bionicles
dudes!  A couple of Judges (sans throwing arms, obviously) and voila! Short
boss bionicle dude!

And and, in terms of peaceful tool enhancments, think about shoulder
mounting an alpha team bomb squad slug thrower (oooops, that would be a
peaceful slug thrower) on your peaceful bionicle dudes, for extra
peacefulness.  Takes a few smallish technic pieces, but its well worth it :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...