 Local / Australia / 642
Re: What shall we call ourselves??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 23:25:25 GMT

I like these ideas too,

And LugOz - Nsw can be called Studs,

On similar note, say Qld can be the Bears, SA the hummingbirds, TAS - the
fairydaisies, WA the Tigers (every competition has tigers), VIC - The mexican
dancing dung beetles.

Sorry, just getting carried away with my hatred that all sporting teams in
Australia, seem to need some mascot/identifer for marketing purposes..

The three teired approach taken by LUGNET is probably easily adapatable.

That is;

Local Country: Australia - LugOz
Local State: NSW, Vic, Qld, SA, WA, Tas, Territories. eg. LugOz - NSW
Local Regions: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane etc. eg. LugOz - NSW (Studs region)

Meetings such as LegOz.3 while not being just regional meetings, are not quite
state ones either, but should be classified as state ones for simplicity.

Meeting such as the planned World 4 Kids one is more like a regional one.

And when we do a sit down protest in front of Lane Cove, we'll need to gather
all the troops from the national level.

Santosh

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Kevin Hall writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
Is there another (short) option? NSW? (does this leave out Rachel?), East
Australia (too long and includes Bris/Melb.) Greater Sydney?

I'm sure there are many other good questions to ask. Feel free to add them
(and answer 'em too).

I like LUGOz, Lego Users Group Oztralia for the national group and
suggest STUDS - NSW LEGO Maniacs for us nearest Lane Cove.

Well first of all.....did you get those logos I emailed you James?
I like the idea of a national group....LUGOz
and then each state eg: LUGOz NSW - LUGOz QLD - etc
Then each state can have there own name and logo tying in with the LUGOz logo
I'll put some ideas together

That's a good idea too (not being very decisive am I)

pete.w