 Local / Australia / 4555
Re: Updated list of Service Packs at LA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:21:48 GMT

I think most of the expansion packs are pretty ordinary, and overpriced. • It
really depends on what you are after, for just ordinary Technics stuff, • look
for some older sets as they have lots of standard stuff, whereas the newer
sets have lots of strange pieces.

I'll second that. For the cost of the expansion packs combined, you could
probably pick up a 8480 Space Shuttle on e-bay, which has loads more useful
stuff for robotics or just plain technics. Motor, micromotor, polarity
reversing switch, lots of long technics beams, fibre optics etc. And it's a
great set in its own right, as well as a great addition to your parts
collection.

For robotics and technics, I think it's better to buy a few really big sets
rather than lots of little sets, because a lot of the interesting parts are
only available in the large sets.

Kerry