 Local / Australia / 443
  RE: A possible way to get cheaper sets?

There is one way around this...Could we start our own 'toy store'? I think we'd have better lucky with this approach. Unfortunately, I don't know what this would involve cost-wise, although I think LA requires you have a $6000 balance with them :( (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A possible way to get cheaper sets?

Whytcross, Benjamin wrote (...) still (...) I'll give this a try. Richard Still baldly going... Check out Port Block at (URL) and streaking away. What do we do now? Hunt down the Italians? ;-) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A possible way to get cheaper sets?

Ok combine all these ideas together: How about starting up a non-affiliated service such as Australian Construction Bricks On-line (etc..) We could run mail order and internet orders and all we'd need is minimal storage space. Hang on, does this (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A possible way to get cheaper sets?

(...) Should be no skin off anyones nose. We place a large order with the toy store, pay up front and they pass the kits on. As long as the store realises we are not reselling in their catchment area, what could their problem possibly be. No nasty (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A possible way to get cheaper sets?

(...) Bravo! (...) Another question is are the store ordering procedures that flexable? Are there minimum numbers of sets to order? (I know the smaller ones come in trays of a certain number). Are there restictions on range or ratios of small:large (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au)