 Local / Australia / 447
Re: A possible way to get cheaper sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 10:11:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
A second alternative is to try and find a local toy store, and see if they
will get in large orders for you at their cost + a small %. This would
still be cheaper for us, as well as getting the store extra income without
the hassle of shelf space. The only problem is that whoever can do this has
to get the orders organized, and there would be postage costs.

I'll give this a try.

Bravo!

Should be no skin off anyones nose. We place a large order with the toy store,
pay up front and they pass the kits on. As long as the store realises we are
not reselling in their catchment area, what could their problem possibly be?
No nasty UFO sets sitting on the shelf getting dusty, just cash up front and
they take their commission immediately. The only question is what percentage?

Another question is are the store ordering procedures that flexable? Are there
minimum numbers of sets to order? (I know the smaller ones come in trays of a
certain number). Are there restictions on range or ratios of small:large sets
to be observed? Is there a pricing structure, how cheap do stores _really_ get
lego, is it  that much of the 40% (or whatever) above wholesale, after all if
it is a boku moulah earner why aren't more stores into it?

Benjamin, you've seen a order form, what do you recall?

Finally, is there a store owner that would put up with the hassle of doing
this and would it risk his relationship with LA. I mean, a guy puts in a large
order of lego, for particular sets not, say, a range or theme. It's unusual
but LA does it, sending a rep to check it out. Rep gets there and the stock's
not on shelves, Where did it go? Sold already? All of it? You're not breaking
our price agreement are you? Want some more? come on, if you got rid of all
that...

James (who wonders if LA cares that we have the 3rd most vocal online
.       community in the world)