 Local / Australia / 446
Re: A possible way to get cheaper sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 09:49:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Whytcross, Benjamin wrote
A second alternative is to try and find a local toy store, and see if they
will get in large orders for you at their cost + a small %. This would • still
be cheaper for us, as well as getting the store extra income without the
hassle of shelf space. The only problem is that whoever can do this has to
get the orders organized, and there would be postage costs.

I'll give this a try.

Richard
Still baldly going...

Should be no skin off anyones nose. We place a large order with the toy store,
pay up front and they pass the kits on. As long as the store realises we are
not reselling in their catchment area, what could their problem possibly be.
No nasty UFO sets sitting on the shelf getting dusty, just cash up front and
they take their commission immediately. The only question is what percentage?

75 and streaking away.  What do we do now?  Hunt down the Italians? ;-)
Yep, just for fun. :^o

pete.w