 Local / Australia / 441
Re: A possible way to get cheaper sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 07:17:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Just wondering if anyone has looked into what is involved in getting sets
direct from LA. This could help us lower our costs if we could somehow get
an account going with LA. I'm sure we could easily get the minimum amount of
sales, and maybe this way we could have some input on what we have available
in Aus. [RRP is 40-45% above cost from LA to stores before transport...If
run in Sydney, this cost could be fairly low]

Anyway, just a thought.

Our NSW group keep talking about this.
It's worth a formal approach I think, and our patronage deserves special
privileges surely :^o
I'm certainly willing to run it/get it started, but we will need to formalise
the group a bit more (...ick).

James Howse has already established that LA are not interested in retail
sales, and unfortunately they'd classify us as retail, no matter how
formalised we became. I think this proposal is a dead horse. I'm still going
to work on the LEGO room proposal at LAHQ. It's worth a shot. Just need some
time to work up the proposal.

Pete Callaway