 Local / Australia / 460
Re: A possible way to get cheaper sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 03:45:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Peter White wrote:

I'm sure we would love access to some of the LSAH stuff, especially service
packs etc. The new Adventurers sounds interesting too.
We probably wanted to ask this before, but thought it would put people out.

Nah, not on a small scale.  BTW, the 7190 Millennium Falcon Jr. is shipping to
stores now, and *all* 2000 Adventurers sets are now available, so they're open
territory.  (The MF hasn't shown up around here yet though.)

Shhhh...don't tell Pete.C...we're still recovering from the amazing run of
sales down here....in two pay periods I think we'll all be itching to spend.
The adventurers dino stuff looks like it will be a sure winner with kids and
AFOL's alike. It seems like Lego are plundering the classic 'Saturday
afternoon movies' type genre for theme ideas such as pirates to western to
adventurers to dinosaurs.

Shouldn't you be studying ? Good luck with the coming exams.
(Your package arrived today intacto, thanks)

Sigh, can't bring myself to cram any more.  I'm soooo tired!  Maybe I wasn't
meant

I always crammed/wrote assignments at the last minute, must be why I limped
thru with passes/credits until I lost interest altogether.
Someone should to a thesis on Lego, if McD... can have hamburger degrees,
why can't we have block doc's. ;^)

to have a Post-hole Digger degree.  Ah well, back to the books.  I'm glad the
package got through OK--let me know if the bonus bag looks OK!

bonus bag is great,thanx. :^)
your off to Europe later,what have you got planned ?

pete.w