 Local / Australia / 3148
3147  |  3149
Subject:
LegOz 2000.7 wrap up.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 08:36:56 GMT

Hi all

Had a get time at the Melbourne LegOz meeting yesterday. We may be small but
our numbers are increasing.

I arrived sometime after 1pm having spent the morning visiting Photography
and Ephemera fairs on the other side of town. Most people were just
finishing off some food from the BBQ which managed to happen without Mandy
(Ben's NLSO) scorching any Lego.

First stop were the impressive creations of Ross/Martin. I'm not a fan of
Technic, but found their models to be very impressive. Ross's helicopter was
especially cool.

Paul brought along a Pirate ship that made me tell everyone of my early
collecting days and the number of ships I passed up in order to buy more
space lego.

Paul also managed to out do everyone on the spare parts front by bringing
those leftover parts from the divers sets. He did manage to pass a few items
off to willing recipients, though - I came away with 14 divers who will soon
become roadies/security men.

Ben and I managed to frantically trade most of the afternoon and into the
evening. Catalogues, flyers, postcards, World show books and even Lego
passed between our hands. (I'll trade you one Fabuland wall for this piece
of paper etc). I think we surprised a few with our interest in anything with
Lego on it......

James Ng (his mum) and his mates arrived mid afternoon. James had what I
believe was a rather cool castle but, somehow, I missed out on seeing it!
More trading occurred.

Sometime whilst Ben and I were mid-trade (and after we'd cleaned up the
mess) someone suggested setting up some trains. Not a bad idea except it was
nearly 7pm and we were meant to finish at 6pm!  Oh well, next time!

We finally got out the door after 8pm having had a very pleasant afternoon.
I'm looking forward to our next gathering (relocated to Brunswick) sometime
early in the new year.

cheers

sue ann