 Local / Australia / 2536
2535  |  2537
Subject:
2000.2 Catalogue now out :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:07:15 GMT

I just got back from Target at Camberwell [Melbourne] and they had the new
catalogue for this year :)

It's 76 pages, with lego webpages to go with set/theme info, and lots of
descriptions.

I'll try and scan it tonight, and post the images. [WARNING: text WILL be
hard to read, as it's smaller and lighter than that in the 60's catalogues,
so post a message if you'd like transcripts from a page(s).]

[What's happening...LA is based in Sydney, but Melbourne gets the lego
first?]

NOTE: on the cover there's a "Not all products listed are available". Cover
is blue with a mixture of sets 'exploding' out of a circle in the centre of
the page. Back cover is almost identical to 2000.1 catalogues.

Also if you buy a set for > $49, you can get a 1 year world club membership
free. All you need to do is enclose the receipt....looks like we could get
more world club members [come on, everyone here in Aus will buy at least one
set over $49 won't you?]

I'll post replies to any queries I get before 4 this arvo about what's
shown.

To start with: Roborider 8516 "THE BOSS" looks like a small winged technic
model with a motorbike [not roborider wheels either :) ] Orange, dark grey
and black [JULY release]

Technic tractor, F1 and 4WD also shown :)

Remember I'll do my best to answer queries posted in loc.au :)

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)