 Local / Australia / 2234
2233  |  2235
Subject:
International commerce (was Re: Bulk pieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:17:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Timothy Gould and Jamie Obrien write:

I don't actually know anyone in the US at the moment so if you have a
connection who'd be willing to send stuff on (for a reasonable fee) we could
perhaps get this sort of thing going. If we base it in the capital cities
(which I think is a cheaper way to do it) then perhaps we could discuss what
we want etc. at any of the local meetings (hopefully we'll have one in
Brisbane soon and Sydney and Melbourne already have meetings). I guess at
the moment we should just look at the interest of people on this side of the
equator before talking to those on the other.

i know someone in the US who is acting as a Hub for US only eBay auctions,
and i'll be getting some LD stuff before he sends it all over in one bundle
(YES!!!!). If anybody wants some LD or even some S@H we could propably come
to an arangement, but it may be more economical to have a hub in each
capital city to save on postage and distribution once the gear arrives on
Oz!

PS. Propably could do the same kind of thing for LUGNET memberships for
everybody who hasn't payed/signed up as well.

Hi everyone (assuming people are still out there!),

I know this is rehashing previous discussions (eg customs on large packages
etc), but I'm really keen on the whole hub idea (although lack of space means
I'm not a good person to hold onto a heap of parcels). It would be good to
coordinate US only-ebay, LD and S@H exclusives, as well as fund transfers
(including LUGNET memberships) to keep costs down (=more bricks!). Maybe a
discussion for LegOz.5?

--DaveL.

PS Spotted some of the 50% off SW sets at Kmart Chatswood if anyone's keen.
Any word on upcoming TRU %off sales?