 Local / Australia / 161
Re: DROID ALERT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:31:44 GMT

Peter White <aztekium@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:FrxB2H.Fr1@lugnet.com...
FYI - TRU Parramatta had all three SW 2000 DROIDS available as at Friday • 24/3,
the prices were $ 100+ $ 60+ and $ 40+ AUD, sorry but I didn't write them
down. So expect the prices to be a couple of dollars above the above.

I went down to my local toy store (Toyworld / Uncle Pete's, Wollongong).
They also had all three droids. The prices were

8000   $43.99
8001   $65.99
8002   $99.99

Looking at the models, and the number of pieces, I don't think that the
cheaper two are worth it. Just not enough parts to justify the cost, and the
models look very average. However 8002 is an extremely cool model and with
about 600 parts, becomes excellent value. Bought it on the spot.

Assembly is in progress. :) The model is bagged in an 8448 format, with each
bag labelled (1), (2), etc. to simplify construction.

later,
David Drew.