 Local / Australia / 170
Re: DROID ALERT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 05:50:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:
<snip>
Actually Bill was about spot on with his factor of 2 comment. That's the basic
factor which seems to apply between US MSRP and Australian RRP prices,
factoring exchange rate, shipping, corporate lunches for LEGO execs, etc.

Plus Research and Development of outright crappy pieces and crappier sets.
Why don't they just steal the ideas of people from the internet. Ever seen the
Orange TGV (french Train) that James Mathias built? I know I'd be very very
willing to pay to get a set like that. Collecting the pieces is just not an
option for me unfortunately.

Santosh
(still dusting the bits to show this weekend)