 Local / Australia / 164
Re: DROID ALERT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:49:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.loc.au, David Drew writes:

I went down to my local toy store (Toyworld / Uncle Pete's, Wollongong).
They also had all three droids. The prices were

8000   $43.99
8001   $65.99
8002   $99.99

Looking at the models, and the number of pieces, I don't think that the
cheaper two are worth it. Just not enough parts to justify the cost, and the
models look very average. However 8002 is an extremely cool model and with
about 600 parts, becomes excellent value. Bought it on the spot.

Guess they didn't want to break the $ 100 mental barrier ,but as we all know
99.99 gets rounded up. At TRU $42something for 8000 and $64something for 8001
seems to ring a bell.

By the way what's Wollongong like toystorewise for Lego, is it just the usual
suspects, I didn't see many listed in the on-line yellow pages.

Here's another plug for Legoz 2/STUDS get-together, it's in the southern
highlands this time (you know who to contact),the more the merrier and we
don't want it to be a Sydney-focussed thing and will probably rotate meetings
if there is the interest (hello Canberra,Newcastle,Gosford,Bathurst etc...).

be there or be ... blockish !  :) .
-pete.w