 Local / Australia / 1455
    Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns? —Christopher Masi
    Let your kids play with toys guns or not, that is up to you. My parents did not let us have toy guns, and my kids will probably not have toy guns either. Will my kids have toy guns in their LEGO sets? Probably. If they like a theme that happens to (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

        Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns? —Peter Callaway
   In lugnet.loc.au, Christopher Masi writes: <snip on interesting analogy on LEGO and weapons> (...) Interesting research. I wonder if TLC has an official stand on this issue. (...) True. However I think there are several issues here. Just remember (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

        Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns? —Peter Callaway
     (...) But I am a twit for not explaining my acronym... IANACP = I am not a child psychologist Pete Callaway (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

        Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns? —David Drew
   Hi, I don't quite see what the problem is with this issue. Why is it we let our kids play with toy guns, and not with toy knifes? Simple, it's because a child has a zero chance of getting its hands on a gun, but numerous knives are availiable around (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns? —Deidre Rushton Brumby
   (...) I absolutely agree but as the parent of a younger child that does not yet distinguish reliably between fantasy and reality this is very very hard. Someone else essentially said this somewhere else in this tangled thread (Pete C I think) and (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) It's not that far. Someone (not me, I never would have approved it) got Super Smash Brothers for Nik when he was 7. He likes it a lot which in fact is a large bit of a disappointment for me, as it has no redeeming value in my opinion. (Super (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)