 Local / Australia / 14278
Re: Nationwide LEGO Wind Turbine Competition!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:38:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
Giving Sydney one week head start might hinder the chances of true
competition
happening somewhat.

Just creating a level playing field, I would have thought :-)

Kerry

Kerry and all
No I don't think that will happen as Ken and I were Tech Advisor at the Brisbane
Practice build at UQ today.
I don't think there will be any level playing fields in this comp It will be
interesting after today if any state actually finishes one in time!!

But I must say it was a very interesting venture to give them a brief on how to
read instructions from MLcad, how to read a parts sheet as well (and ID them)
and finally how to use a "Brick Seperator". Ken and I won't be able to make it
to the build (work Commitments but my son Ben whwho was there doing his bit
today as wellis going to travel in and take photo's of the Brisbane process.

Cheers
Peter