 Local / Australia / 14275
Re: Nationwide LEGO Wind Turbine Competition!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 01:18:25 GMT

Just creating a level playing field, I would have thought
Interstate rivalry at it's finest! ;-)

Well, handicapping in sport is the great Australian tradition, isn't it?
Look at the Melbourne Cup ...

I must say that while handicapping makes sense in social competitions, I
can't understand it in professional sport. Image applying it in Olympic
competition. I have visions of Ian Thorpe swimming with his legs tied
together (actually, that's butterfly, isn't it?).

Maybe we should apply it to Lego competitions. Introduce a rule that
previous winners are handicapped by not being allowed to use black bricks,
or must work entirely with slopes, or something like that.

I can see a few new rules coming in our next speed build contest ... good,
as I am always the slowest :-)

Kerry