 Local / Australia / 13463
Re: Target Toy Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:13:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:

Fingers crossed for Big W's Toy Sale #2 on Thursday.

Brad, if it's not a silly question, why? Didn't I just read an announcement
on bricklink that you are closing down your bricklink business (for at least
a few months and possibly forever)? With half a million parts and a closed
store, I wouldn't have thought you needed more bricks?

Genuinely curious ...

Kerry

Always looking for a good buy. I may open in 3 months, I have been toying with
the idea of weekends only.

Re half a million bricks, doesn't matter how many I have. As soon as I try to
build something, I still won't have the part I need, or the right color or
enough of it. Even though my store had 550,000+ parts listed, you have to take
into account parts that are useless in ultra bulk (pins, small technic axles,
bushes, 1x2 beams).

Also, some bargins at TRU. Air Blazers (the red helicopter, 4403 I think) is
$31.98AU (good price). Also spotted the reissue blue model team hot rod for
$70AU. I would wait, it's another one of those half price in a couple of months
sets. Also has KK2 sets, but priced higher than the warehouse sale from LEGO.

-Brad