 Local / Australia / 1339
Re: New 2000.2 catalogue - sexism rules OK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:11:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Kevin Hall writes:

Well I introduced my wife....who is 25....to the Bellvile Lego the other day
in the shops, she hated it....in her words..."It's too girly".... she'd love
this new stuff, and as for little kids copying their parents, when we
eventually have kids, if they copy Mum, they will be fixing and building
things, if they copy Dad, they'll be doing Arty farty stuff...TIMES ARE
CHANGING....!!!!

When I did 18 months of the Bachelor of Nursing course at UTS, people would
always ask "why are you doing nursing" (not staff or students).
My mother-in-law thinks it strange that I do all the cooking.
We have bought my 2yo son a doll and his female 3yo cousin toy trucks and
will continue to do so.
I bought two of the Duplo Easter Eggs (1 car, 1 pram). His cousin got to
choose, she chose the pram.
It's getting to that nature v nurture argument again.
But my son still builds guns out of Duplo blocks and points them at me,
so as to what's hard-coded and what's not we'll never know.

pete.w (who still gets stuck putting the garbage out)

Same here with the garbage Pete....

Kev... : )