 Local / Australia / 13157
  Impact of New Colours -- 1 year later [Was: Deathstar]

(...) Actually it is interesting to notice the effect that new grey has had upon me. While I was disappointed like many of us with the change to new grey given my existing investment in old grey, I didn't exactly start thumping my fist on the desk (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Impact of New Colours -- 1 year later [Was: Deathstar]

"Kerry Raymond" <kraymond@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:ICI080.1HIt@lugnet.com... (...) [snip] (...) Can't say I've been overly affected by the colour changes except when it comes to trying to find a specific piece for building. I have to (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Impact of New Colours -- 1 year later [Was: Deathstar]

(...) I've bought less Lego in the last year, but then that's mainly due to buying a (non-Lego) house. What it comes down to is that I don't yet regard bley parts as an incentive to buy a set, but they're not a disincentive - e.g. I have bought 4508 (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Impact of New Colours -- 1 year later [Was: Deathstar]

[snip] (...) Can you imagine a "diplomatic" Partsies... "Why, yes Member A, you may have that rare highly sort after piece*" "Indeed, Member B, you make take all of these to add to your Bricklink shop" "Of course new Member X, you may have all of (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Impact of New Colours -- 1 year later [Was: Deathstar]

<snip> (...) I've actually bought approximatly 4 times more in 2004 compaired to years past, Mainly due to an increased income. Looking back it's been split about 50/50 old / new ie: red beard runner, ISD, AT-AT, bonus buckets, in old vs Spiderman, (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Impact of New Colours -- 1 year later [Was: Deathstar]

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote: <snip> (...) If anything, I think I may have bought more LEGO last year, what with having an increased income. However, I only have a few sets with the new colours. I have also built one MOC with the new greys, (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Impact of New Colours -- 1 year later [Was: Deathstar]

I have bought almost nothing with the new colors (and there are a fair few sets that I would have bought in old colors but didnt buy in new colors) The new color stuff I have bought so far: All 4 x-pods Jack Stone police car (for the 1 x 4 (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Impact of New Colours -- 1 year later [Was: Deathstar]

(...) Disturbing as it is I have taken a few bley parts in partsies, in fact I'm even building in Dk Bley. Shocking. and I found I need (yes, need) the parts from 2 mini Start Destroyers (3 x 12 wings mostly, but the dk bley elements shall prove (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.loc.au)