 Local / Australia / 12974
Re: source for 1 x 12 technic beams in red?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:56:34 GMT

Can anyone suggest a source for 1 x 12 technic beams in red?
Briclink has them but if there is another way to get them that would • be
preferable.

Just for the record, define "preferable" -- what does it mean?

I'm genuinely curious because, for quantities of a specific part, there are
effectively only two options. First, you pray that S@H happens to have them
in a bulk pack (which applies to a relatively small set of parts). Secondly
and most realistically, you visit bricklink, where I observe the part is
highly available (including here in Oz -- which avoids issues with
international payment and postage if this is your concern).

I can't see how buying sets is going to be a better solution. There were at
most 8 of these parts in any set (see the link below for the complete list
of sets that have this part).

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3895&in=S

so I can't see why it could be in any way cost-effective to buy sets as a
way to get such a part.

Ebay is hardly a solution -- what are the odds that someone is going to
auction off a lot comprising primarily of this particular part? Like with
sets, you'd probably end up purchasing a lot of other stuff in order to get
what you want.

Just to tie this to another theme (lack of loc.au postings), I think it is
the success of S@H and bricklink and ebay that reduces posts to loc.au. Once
upon a time, getting hold of certain parts or sets was a challenge and you
needed to pick the brains of others to achieve it, but now everything is
available (albeit with a shipping cost) -- hence there is less to discuss.

Kerry