 Local / Australia / 12977
Re: source for 1 x 12 technic beams in red?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:19:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
Can anyone suggest a source for 1 x 12 technic beams in red?
Briclink has them but if there is another way to get them that would be
preferable.

Just for the record, define "preferable" -- what does it mean?

For Mr.Wilson I think it means 75% cheaper than all other possible options.

(snippage)

Just to tie this to another theme (lack of loc.au postings), I think it is
the success of S@H and bricklink and ebay that reduces posts to loc.au. Once
upon a time, getting hold of certain parts or sets was a challenge and you
needed to pick the brains of others to achieve it, but now everything is
available (albeit with a shipping cost) -- hence there is less to discuss.

Not too sure if the SAH/BL/eb success can take sole credit. Most people were
probably sourcing items from within their own LUG anyway. Next January it will
be 5 years since the Sydney group first met and we seem pretty much at the same
level as then. Though we hit some peaks in the first 2 years, with people moving
overseas we lost some impetus.

The BUGs and MUGs seem to chug along happily and have even had train displays,
something the Sydney group talked about a couple of times. The Adelugs seem to
have gone to ground. The comet Santosh graces our skies occasionally.

Has the initial enthusiasm waned or have ALFs just gone back to their solitary
ways, some are impossible to get to a gathering, even Dubya would have a hard
time smokin' them out of their holes. It's a wonder that even some of us get to
reproduce ;^)

pete.w (droning on, but not about color)