 Local / Australia / 127
  Re: aust. customs and duty, lego & GST

(...) This is helpful, thanks. I did a little estimating exercise which yielded some interesting results. See below. LEGO is shipped in bulk, so $20 p&h is a bit steep for each set. I can get a 40 foot sea container shipped from the US to Australia (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: aust. customs and duty, lego & GST

WOW!! This is fascinating. In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes: <SNIP> (...) Bear in mind that our Lego gets shipped from Europe I believe, although there was talk of plan for a factory in Asia (perhaps Korea?) for Lego Products. I thought I (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: aust. customs and duty, lego & GST

(...) Not necessarily. I've priced Antwerp to Australia (with a layover in Singapore) and it's quite respectable. (...) Hmmm... maybe I knew that someone may think that, so I increased it to give an artificially high P/O margin, in which case you'd (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: aust. customs and duty, lego & GST

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes: <SNIP>> (...) God bless the silk road, I can see it now, a caravan of camels carrying sandy wind blown boxes of Lego on their humps. Oh no wait, someone invented a flying machine a hundred years ago. This yet (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: aust. customs and duty, lego & GST

I must apolgise to every one for my over priced postage. i was guessing on the frieght charges when ordering from amazon. I unfortunately don't have contacts in the states, nor can afford to travel to the US. its great that some of you can. Aaron (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

Peter Callaway wrote in message ... (...) I'd be interested to know the price comparison between the LEGO sets sold in NZ and Australia. The GST over the ditch is 12.5% Below are the cheapest SW sets I was able to find (converted into Australian (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: aust. customs and duty, lego & GST

Goods and Services Tax implementation looks good. I did not say that Santosh (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.au)