 Local / Australia / 12446
Re: K-mart sale starts thursday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:11:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Travis Matheson wrote:
Dunno about other stores, but my local KMart (Indooroopilly) did not have
the new Millenium Falcon on the shelf.

I also encountered this situation, but I was informed that I could
raincheck the set (even though the catalog says rainchecks are not
available)  Notices were being put on the shelves to that effect

Don't know about the Millenium Falcon per se, but yesterday New Town (Hobart) were missing all sorts of stuff, apparently they had pretty much all the stock "in" but not necessarily out on the shelves because of lack of room.   They were giving out rainchecks on this clayton's stock which were supposed to be filled either today or tomorrow.

In my experience a raincheck from Kmart isn't actually much better than a
crumpled piece of paper!  Watch out for rainchecked items turning up on the
shelves again but never getting any notification.

Having had this happen before, and fully expecting that the raincheck people
wouldn't actually communicate with the floor stock people in the chaos of this
particular sale, I went back in again last night and bought one of my
rainchecked items straight off the shelf.  Didn't hear anything back from the
rainchecks today though,  althought theoretically they've still got tomorrow to
go (and probably thousands of the things to work through - I believe it's a
manual process).  Still, not holding my breath...

All up though I'm actually happy that they have too much stock and not enough
room, as way too often in the past these sorts of sales have sold out on the
good deals in the first 15-30 minutes, I did actually get most of what I was
after this time!  If the rainchecked items turn up as well that will be a bonus
:)

Deidre