 Local / Australia / 12370
12369  |  12371
Subject:
.loc.au lives! Long live .loc.au! (TGBSLILA results!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:16:21 GMT

The time for deliberation is over, the votes have been tallied, and the judges have decided.

...And life has been breathed.

The Booby Prize - The Best Worst MOC

    1393 Matoro {McDonald's Promo Set #6}
8 elements, 0 figures, US$2, 2001
LEGO > TECHNIC > BIONICLE > Promotional > McDonald's
Sponsored by Richie The winner is:
Dr Neonstein’s house of flair and colour by Michael Dallaston. Who knew that such visual pain could be inflicted without the use of bley?

5th Prize - The most humourous entry

$10

Sponsored by Mel
$10 Voucher at Mel’s Bricklink Shop The winner is:

Anita Eenink’s Westie barbecue.

4th Prize - The most piratical entry

    7415 Aero Nomad
118 elements, 2 figures, US$20, 2003
LEGO > SYSTEM > Adventurers > Orient Expedition > {Mount Everest}
Sponsored by Richie
The winner is:

Trav’s pirate barbecue edged out a pair of very nice vessels and the home of the warrior monks.

3rd Prize Mel’s Mystery Prize (Most creative)

Sponsored by Mel
The winner is:

Mel’s Mystery Prize goes to the marvelous mecha marsupial macropod of Allister McLaren.

2nd Prize - Woomera

    6939 Saucer Centurion
211 elements, 2 figures, US$27, 1994
LEGO > SYSTEM > Space > Spyrius
Sponsored by Richie
The winner is:

Paul Baulch’s Dick Smith Shuttle was foremost in a most under-explored theme.

1st Prize - The best Australian themed entry

...it’s a new car!

    4404 Land Busters
772 elements, 0 figures, US$60, 2003
LEGO > SYSTEM > Designer

Sponsored by Mel and Ozbricks
The winner is:

Nice work Aaron, although I have a few problems wondering where on earth/mini-Melbourne, you will fit such a huge car ;) Congratulations! - Mel

(Or he could put Melbourne in the car...)

Winners: Could you email Mel & I your mailing addresses... prizes will be despatched promptly

And that is it, until the next competition...

...but don’t hold your breath!

Cheers

Richie Dulin