 Local / Australia / 11555
Re: Find at Kmart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:19:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   G’day,

I visited Kmart yesterday, nothing particularly exciting until on my way out I found (away from the main LEGO section), a LEGO backpack containing a Mini Millenium Falcon, Final Duel I and a Flash Speeder. No price tag. I figured it would be expensive... but a Flash Speeder would be nice.

I wandered off to find a staff member, who directed me to a scanner, which turned out not be be where she said it was, so I wandered aimlessly for a while before stumbling (quite literally, someone had decided to build a barricade on boxes across the aisle) on a fixed scanner. After five minutes trying to get the scanner to scan the barcode... it finally scanned: Star Wars Backpack $18.99. Wow.

That’s a great deal. 8.6c/pc. Plus you get a free LEGO branded kid’s backpack, and a bionicle poster. Plus you get to wait at the checkout while they try, in vain, to scan the barcode.

Unfortunately, there were only two on the shelf. I restrained myself to only one. Initially. By the time I’d got to my car, I reconsidered, and I went back for the second (I had the same barcode scanning problems with the second, but, at 8.6c/pc I didn’t really mind!).

I’ve avoided the mini sets so far, but am quite impressed with the ’ Falcon (I built one in left hand drive form, to appease the 66% of the world’s population who drive on the wrong side of the road.) ;-)

What strikes me as odd about this deal is the mix of sets - one that’s new, one that’s been on clearance (or at least cluttering the shelves) for a while, and one that hasn’t been on shelves for around three years.

Good luck finding one (and don’t forget Kmart is 15% off Thurs/Fri). LMK if you’d like the backpacks.

Adieu

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique

   Misérable
Building a safer South Pacifique

Great Find Richie! Well done! Definetely took some time to find these myself. Looked everywhere in K-Mart, found them hidden on a small shelf next to the Lay-By counter?

I found another Backpack, but with a Jack Stone set, one of those New Cylinders with Basics and an old Bob the Builder set. Eventhough they were the same price, Jack Stone just does not do it for me.......

Cheers,

Dave