 Local / Australia / 11547
11546  |  11548
Subject:
Find at Kmart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:06:07 GMT

G’day,

I visited Kmart yesterday, nothing particularly exciting until on my way out I found (away from the main LEGO section), a LEGO backpack containing a Mini Millenium Falcon, Final Duel I and a Flash Speeder. No price tag. I figured it would be expensive... but a Flash Speeder would be nice.

I wandered off to find a staff member, who directed me to a scanner, which turned out not be be where she said it was, so I wandered aimlessly for a while before stumbling (quite literally, someone had decided to build a barricade on boxes across the aisle) on a fixed scanner. After five minutes trying to get the scanner to scan the barcode... it finally scanned: Star Wars Backpack $18.99. Wow.

That’s a great deal. 8.6c/pc. Plus you get a free LEGO branded kid’s backpack, and a bionicle poster. Plus you get to wait at the checkout while they try, in vain, to scan the barcode.

Unfortunately, there were only two on the shelf. I restrained myself to only one. Initially. By the time I’d got to my car, I reconsidered, and I went back for the second (I had the same barcode scanning problems with the second, but, at 8.6c/pc I didn’t really mind!).

I’ve avoided the mini sets so far, but am quite impressed with the ’ Falcon (I built one in left hand drive form, to appease the 66% of the world’s population who drive on the wrong side of the road.) ;-)

What strikes me as odd about this deal is the mix of sets - one that’s new, one that’s been on clearance (or at least cluttering the shelves) for a while, and one that hasn’t been on shelves for around three years.

Good luck finding one (and don’t forget Kmart is 15% off Thurs/Fri). LMK if you’d like the backpacks.

Adieu

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique