 Local / Australia / 11507
Re: (OT) cheap accomodation in Brisbane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:33:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson wrote:

   Now, for the second bit, its probobly easier if I actually stay in the brisbane area somewhere, therefore I am asking if any brisbane locals (or anyone that has been there before) knows of possible cheap accomodation options in the area.

Of course, if there are REALLY cheap gold-coast options, it might be better for me to stay there instead of with the relatives but thats only if its REALLY cheap :)

How cheap is ‘really’ cheap? About the cheapest you’ll get is backpackers, if you can stand dormitory accomodation (although some do have single rooms for less cheap). Those places are almost theme parks in themselves, so you can kill two birds with one stone ;)

The Palace in Brisbane is about as central as you can get (about a block from Central Station), and looks like a reasonably nice place to stay. There are many others around.

Cheers,

Allister