 Local / Australia / 11509
Re: (OT) cheap accomodation in Brisbane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:54:09 GMT

Hi Jon... depending when you are actually here in Brisbane, I may be able to
offer somewhere for you to crash... I'll have a fold out sofa bed... so if it
worked out date wise, you could crash here and all you'd have to do is buy your
own food.  anything around the 6th Dec - 6th Jan isn't good for me since I will
have my parents on and off on some of those days as well as Christian (an AFOL)
who is coming from Germany :D

I live in a really well located area and it's rather close to transport, so if
you need somewhere to stay after those dates and can occasionally handle a 4
year old boy, then that is fine with me... just as long as there isn't too many
of you since I live in a unit. (I imagine you are by yourself???)...

Otherwise in the city there are some backpackers places like Allister mentioned.
The 'Banana Benders' is close to the city, I have stayed there before, that
wasn't bad and it's close to the train too... 15 min walk, if that. There is
also 'The Palace' which is VERY close to the train and is also a back packers
place (again as Allister mentions.

Good luck...

Mel