 Local / Australia / 10959
Re: boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 11:40:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Shona Brodley writes:
hi all i am one of those lurking people (but its been a while) i didnt know
where to post this so I thought I would stick to good old Oz for an answer.
I started collecting on behalf of my son(s) and became truely addicted
although Ive never counted "our" collection, weve just got a lot.  Because
of that I have all of the original boxes the sets/pieces came in.  Given the
space it takes up (and the greenie in me) I wonder if there is infact any
value in keeping boxes etc.  Can someone please enlighten me
Thanx

You might find that there are a handful of people that actually collect
empty Lego boxes, especially if they are from old 70's or 80's sets. If you
are deciding to sell off your Lego in the near or distant future, I
personally would keep the boxes with the parts that go with those sets.
Otherwise from a collecting Lego point of view, I would tear them down and
recycle them. You might find some luck selling them to some Lego fans in
Germany where I know some boxes can be quite popular. Just my 2 cents. Good
Luck.

Dave