 Local / Australia / 10346
Re: FIRES
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 14:51:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Stephen Hurn writes: • <SNIP>
I can truly sympathise, and I know people who do have terrible athsma.  My
own sister used to get athsma really badly, and nearly died from it once (it
got bad and caused her to get pneumonia).

That is sad to hear! :( apparently up to 80% of children these days (in
Australia) are getting asthma or a form/type of asthma due to environmental
issues (and crap that is in our foods) some don't even know they have it.

That sounds about right...though whether the asthma increase is caused by
"environmental issues (and crap that is in our foods)" or due to the fact
that children are being kept too clean and safe[1] is still unknown.

There is also the fact that anyone who has suffered from even mild asthma as
a child is still considered to be asthmatic for the rest of their life...you
don't grow out of it, it just goes dormant.

[1]see http://www.mydr.com.au/default.asp?article=2693

Benjamin Whytcross