 Local / Australia / 10345
Re: FIRES
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 14:39:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Stephen Hurn writes:

It's a shame our poor country has suffer such a loss like this (and others),
nature wise, health, home and financially...  It's even worse when arsonists
are behind them :/

It's a shame that environmentalists who don't know what they are talking
about pressure the government into banning backburning.  The Aboriginals
used to backburn all the time precisely to avoid these kind of fires.
Without it, a lot of fuel is sitting there waiting to go up.  Like it has
several times over the last 10 years.  Prevention is better than cure.  Pity
environmentalists are too short-sighted to see that.

I'm going to stop now before I get angry...

Who are you getting angry with?  if it is what I said above, then diddums, I
was just feeling sorry for those who lost their homes or lives... I wouldn't
wish it to be me!

I can understand back burning, but it is very difficult when you have asthma
and trying to breathe, as a lot of back burning has been done in my area and
around.

But if it's possible your anger isn't towards what I said, then fine!

Don't be too mad with people who do care about the environment though,
without it we'll all be suffering some weird illness if not already! blah
blah blah blah...

Mel (who just recently suffered a terrible asthma attack)

Hope you're feeling better...I know what Asthma can be like as my wife has
spent quite a while in hospital with asthma...at one stage for about a year
it was 1-8 nights in hospital every 6 weeks or so.

Benjamin Whytcross