 Local / Australia / 10343
Re: FIRES
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 12:10:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Stephen Hurn writes:

Who are you getting angry with?  if it is what I said above, then diddums, I
was just feeling sorry for those who lost their homes or lives... I wouldn't
wish it to be me!

I was getting angry just thinking about the legislation to stop backburning
to prevent these fires, not with anything you said.

Phew!!! just as well then :) hehe yeah...

I can understand back burning, but it is very difficult when you have asthma
and trying to breathe, as a lot of back burning has been done in my area and
around.

I can truly sympathise, and I know people who do have terrible athsma.  My
own sister used to get athsma really badly, and nearly died from it once (it
got bad and caused her to get pneumonia).

That is sad to hear! :( apparently up to 80% of children these days (in
Australia) are getting asthma or a form/type of asthma due to environmental
issues (and crap that is in our foods) some don't even know they have it.

But if it's possible your anger isn't towards what I said, then fine!

See above ^^

;)

Don't be too mad with people who do care about the environment though,
without it we'll all be suffering some weird illness if not already! blah
blah blah blah...

I can understand, and agree with environmentalists on many issues.  But
backburning is NOT one of them.  Especially in Australia, which has many
types of plants that only reproduce through fire.

Actually, apart from the obvious problems fires in general cause, once the
greenery has come back alive, it's totally beautiful looking, lush green and
new looking... as long as there is some rain to back it up.

Mel (who just recently suffered a terrible asthma attack)

Sorry to hear that.  Athsma is NOT a nice thing.

No, it's not, and you would know a thing or two about just how bad it can get.

-Stephen

Sorry to hear about your sister, hope she doesn't suffer as much from it.

Mel (who'd rather drink a bottle of coke than take her inhailer/puffer)