 Local / Australia / 10163
Re: KMart Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:27:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Colby Chapman writes:

Anyone else notice that the Armada Flagship is on its way out from Kmart ? I
could only find 11 last time 20% off toys was on.

Argh, you just reminded me that I want the Armada Flagship. Hrmm... I
have a most debatable question in mind that is not relate to Lego, but
game consoles. So PS2 or Game Cube, please tell me which one is the best
for value and why.

Same drama with my brother! Having played both, however, I can form an opinion.

I suggest getting the PS2, as the games will be getting cheaper *VERY*
shortly, thanks to a little bit of info on PS3, coming soon (I'm not allowed
to say when, sorry).

Also, it's backwards compatible with old PSx games, and will read a normal
cd/DVD!

The GameCube (one word), on the other hand, uses those little cd's which are
very stupid. It is, of course, a cube, meaning you cannot store it on either
its side or standing (very bad if you have little room), the games cost $$$
and most of all, it is NOT backwards compatible...

Oh, and if you even THINK of getting an Xbox, dont bother. It's made by
Microsoft (or should that be microsloth?), and so has all of the problems
that microsoft generally program into thir machines/hardware.

So, therefore, get PS2 over Gamecube any day.

BTW, which 1996 sets were you after, Colby?

-Matt, STILL looking for some 8448 wheels and tyres.
Have minifigs, will trade.