Farlie A wrote in message ... (...) old (...) Megabloks have ski/snow sports sets out at the moment, along with skateboard/bike sports sets. They actualy look very cool. Kevin ---...--- Victorian House: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom Lego (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.896)

  Re: New promo at brickset.com

Ok since LEGO claims to read our posts, I want to x-post this one to somewhere they will readily find it. So now, the ball is in LEGO's court. Come on Brad, Jake, anyone... find someone who has the authority and please give Kabaya permission to sell (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(...) I know that up here in Canada the Zellers stores have the new LoM sets while Toys R Us has the new Star Wars sets. Not sure if that helps you or not. :) Ryan Cassell (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(...) Thanks for the info. But wait, what about the "unknown" LoM sets? The back of the Alien DIscovery pak clearly shows two more small LoM sets, but absolutely no one has seen them. I know you probably cannot reply to this, but will we every see (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.895)

  Re: Lugnet Promo Sets

(...) That's what I was curious about, what are the volumes? I could believe millions for the Shell sets, but I seriously doubt the Velux promo runs to the millions. I kind of doubt the airline promos do either (now if they were sold on domestic (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.895)

  Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)

(...) than 24¢ a brick. I understand that parts packs do not move in the volume that LEGO sets move. So, parts packs will be more expensive than sets, but sets go on sale, parts packs don't. Being a train fan I am used to not being able to shop at (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.895)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

Pretty much my point. Not distinctly illegal, (other than the obvious intellectual property issue), but exceedingly stupid since you can get most of them free. Also, you'd have to have most of the sets anyway just to build what you see in each (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.895)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

Richard Schamus <legoman34@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:G6G36G.1uB@lugnet.com... (...) It doesn't look legal to me - the reason being the prominent LEGO logo displayed with their 'Just Imagine...' trademark on the top, acting like it was (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.895)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

(...) Agreed, but for MOST people (which is what I was trying to say) it's pretty useless. That's not to say there aren't exceptions to the rule. Kinda like shell promo sets selling for ridiculous prices or some such. It'd be pretty stupid for ME to (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.894)

  Re: Lugnet Promo Sets

(...) I recall an article stating that Lego/Shell hoped to sell ~7 million sets in the US and had sold ~5(?) million as of close to the end of the promotion. I know that at least some stations shipped their extras back to Lego; wonder where they'll (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.894)

  Re: Surely this is not legal

(...) I'm going to kinda agree with Geoffrey here. This COULD be illegal, except I don't think Lego will care, really, unless this turns into some sort of lucrative market. The images presented are under Lego's copyright. Lego has asked that no sets (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.894)

  Selling giant Minifig sets

LEGO - I've heard from an LIC employee that though the Statue of Liberty sets fly off the shelves, the Minifig is left behind. Want to sell? Package a minifig that's unique - like a Classic Space fig, or a Pirate, a knight from Castle, etc. - with (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.894)

  RE: Ideas for new sets?

(...) Hi :) I'm very sorry to cross post this (see below) "Ideas for new sets?" lugnet.robotics thread (I think it should've originally been posted to lugnet.technic) *but* I think it's the kind of threads that become more and more frequent nowadays (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

sets
(score: 0.894)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:G6x2KK.Fo@lugnet.com... (...) 2001 (...) Jake, Thanks for mentioning this about the train line. I suppose I should start saving my Lego budget for later in the year! Can you clarify (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.894)

  Re: Mystery of LEGO 6500

Asher Kobin wrote in message ... (...) produced? (...) I have a question: do the white slope bricks used on top of the restaurant appear in other sets, with that red roof-tile printing? Cheers, Paul LUGNET member 164 (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.894)

  Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct

(Crossposting to loc.au) (...) Last I heard they were talking about the second half of 2001. Are we really going to have to wait that long? Any indication from Jake or his colleagues would be greatly appreciated (please?!!) (Non) availability must (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

sets
(score: 0.894)

  Latest update from LEGO Direct

Greetings! I have finally gotten caught up after the holiday break and then the mad rush to get back up to speed when you get back to the office! Anyway, I have been sorting through the lugnet.lego.direct newsgroup and wanted to respond to/update a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

sets
(score: 0.894)

  Mystery of LEGO 6500

Now that we have established LEGO insiders reading this group, I wonder if they can do a little information digging and tell us the real story of 6500 Holiday Village ((URL) Were any ever produced? Why was it not released? My only guess is that the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.893)

  (canceled)

sets