 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 657
Re: Collectible Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 23:22:41 GMT

Ha! I had just noticed Han's pants color last night and had
forgotten all about it.  Great catch!

The only thing thats "unique" in that set is the bowcaster that
comes with Chewie...

So is Lego fasley advertising/promoting the set since the
Chewbacca figure isn't truly "unique"?

Actually if you look carefully, they'll be a star at the bottom of
all the advertisements.  It'll say that all BUT the chewie set has
unique figures.  So there you go.

I expect they would use the "crossbow defense", as there is no notes
of any kind on my insert, other than the usual TM stuff.  I have
the wimpy 1/2 size Canadian Summer 2000 catalog.  I called S@H to
specifically ask for the full-size catalog, and after some checking,
the lady (who was as baffled as I about the 1/2 size short-change)
explained that she wasn't allowed to send me the full-size catalog.
How silly is that?

SRC
(It still seems like false advertising to me.)