 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6259
Re: Very poor customer service from Lego Shop at Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 00:04:43 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Allister McLaren wrote:

I guess it could be argued that it's not a 'custom' model, but you should
consider yourself fortunate to get anything back at all. Mail order companies in
general don't refund postage, and the postage for returning the product is the
customers resposibility. I think S@H have treated you more than fairly.

Alternatively, you could've accepted the gift with good grace and not put your
mother through all that hassle, whether you thought the gift was 'worth the
cost' or not. Remember the old adage about looking gift horses in the mouth?

The only thing in that story that is a possible cause for complaint is their
tardiness in contacting you about the situation after you sent it back. Then
again, Christmas is a busy time of year for toymakers so some patience is
probably in order.

Allister

I think the claim from Lego that the set had been opened is also a possible
cause for complaint. But while it may not have been opened by Gregory or his
mother, you never know what happened to the package on the return trip.

Otherwise, I agree: gifts should generally be accepted with good grace.

Cheers

Richie Dulin