 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6251
6250  |  6252
Subject:
Very poor customer service from Lego Shop at Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 02:30:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I wanted to share my extreme displeasure with the Lego Shop at Home service.  My
mother, knowing what a big fan of Lego I was, decided to surprise me with a set
this Christmas, the Lego Factory set 5526.  At the time she didn't realize that
it was not at mini-figure scale, and I asked her to return it since I felt it
was not really worth the cost.
She followed all the LSAH directions included on the invoice to return it. With
UPS tracking, she saw that it arrived almost two weeks ago, and she still had
not received a credit on her credit card.  When she then called up, the
associate told her she would only be given Lego credit, since “the box was
open”, even though the box was NEVER opened.  There also was no notice sent that
only Lego credit would be given, even though Lego had all the contact
information.  When my mother was then finally able to reach a manager on the
phone, the manager agreed to refund the cost back to her credit card, but only
the item cost, not the shipping cost, and it would take at least two billing
cycles.  This, from a company which never hesitates to charge a credit card
immediately following a sale.
I had always associated Lego with good customer service, until now.  After this,
I will never buy from Lego online again, nor will anyone from my family. I hope
Lego realizes that such poor service does nothing but lose customers.