 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5837
Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:43:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Duncan Titmarsh wrote:
In reply
Yes you can order bricks from Lego Direct Europe.
The price is set at per brick and not by weight, and I was quoted 7 to 10 pence
per brick so it is still cheaper to buy them through pick a brick or S@H.
I didn't put and order in.

As for the bricks that are shipped to the Lego brand stores, if you ask about
buying a lot of any one brick that's in the range, the brand stores can't sell
them any cheaper no matter how much you want to buy.  As I understand it, once a
carton of bricks arrives at the shop they're expected to take a fixed amount of
revenue for it based on selling it by the cupfull.  So, you would have to pay
the normal Pick-A-Brick rate or the shop would end up having to account for lost
revenue.

This may sound like overly rigid accounting, but it's how they operate.  If
you've ever worked in a bar, you know that as soon as the bottle of whisky goes
up on the rack, it's worth £100 in shots, not the £15 trade price.

Jason Railton