 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5305
Re: Any one else order this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:31:44 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Lesser writes:
I paid maybe $20 for this set. I actually think it was cheaper. Tuesday
morning had them.

Are you asking that LD match Tuesday morning pricing at the outset? That's
not typically the pricing model used, rather LD seems to charge full retail.
That the set went for 20 at Tuesday Morning argues that it's priced
correctly at LD, at least for now.

To tack on a few thoughts to this discussion, I would like to add that these
sets were much more time consuming to get a hold of than standard retail
assortment sets. Because we had so many requests for these sets, we went out
of our way to get them.

It's tough for us to work that hard to get a hold of something specifically
because people are asking for it only to have the first response be
complaints. The strangest part for me is that we very rarely, if ever, go
out of our way to mark things up just to try to get a hold of a few extra
bucks. If we the price jumps $2 from what it originally was, there is always
a valid reason. (In the case of the Shell sets, it was that fact that Shell
was eating some of the costs as an incentive to get traffic to the
stores/stations)

Anyway, I would just ask that everyone initially assumes the best, rather
than the worst. The Shop At Home team is a very talented and dedicated team.
Every one of them works hard to deliver as much as they can, and to make the
consumers as happy as possible. I know it's easy to forget that there are
real people that make up *The LEGO Company*.

Thanks for putting up with my rainy Thursday downer! :)

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer