 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 484
Re: Bulk Ording Downside?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 01:40:20 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Frank Filz writes:
Remember also that a lot of the good deals we're finding currently are 3 and 4
year old sets. I don't think we're going to be finding near the quantity of 3
and 4 year old sets a few years down the line.

Right.  And this is because everyone loves Rock Raiders, the new and vastly
overpriced AND vastly juniorized town sets, arctic, castle, etc?  Guess
again.  I am not touching that large castle set except at deep discount. In
fact, I won't touch another new castle set except at a good discount.  Its not
what I earn -- its what its worth.  Can you say "Fright Knights II?" I'd
rather buy SW for the price as do many other castle fans.  Castle fans buying
SW? -- connect the dots and you have a truth of the marketplace at hand.

I am buying discounted sets from themes that were less than favorites at full
price: Fright Knights, and Time Twisters.  Rock Raiders comes to mind as a
current turkey...just you wait.  The writing is on the wall.

Maybe TLC , can unload these "turkey" sets via the internet, then again maybe
not. Are KB Toys, ZanyBriany, and so forth, U.S. only?  Why are they dumping
stock at low prices?

Some stuff just won't sell at .20 + cents a brick!  No way!

-- Richard