 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 485
Re: Custom MOC kits (was: Re: Brickmania calls it quits on custom model kits)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 02:30:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:

I think it totally makes sense for LEGO to do custom MOC kits someday --
if they can -- because it's something just waiting to happen, and we all
know that AFOLs are better at designing sets which appeal to AFOLs than
TLC, which is great at designing sets which appeal to kids or JFOLs.

For the record, I dispute that TLC is "great at designing sets which appeal to
kids or JFOLs".

I think we all can recite a significant list of recent designs that, based on
shelf dwell time, appear to be flops. If we wanted to, but I don't want to.

++Lar