 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 481
Re: Bulk Ording Downside?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 20:31:55 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Neal writes:
lol Punishment???  It is a *REWARD*, and a big one at that.  Just wait and
see.  You will change your tune:-)

I hesitate to agree with your opinion on the matter, John.

I'd be more impressed if the current bulk orders were more compelling in terms
of items offered, quantities available, and price. I liked the tiles, the
small window, and the small tree.  But the rest of what is currently available
from the bulk slections is stuff that is essentially available in way or
another already, and much of it through existing parts packs.  I hate to see
those disappear to be replaced by the more cumbersome "bulk" orders, esp. at
the prices being offered (see: http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=390).

I am hopeful but aloof as to the future of the bulk ordering.  So far it has
been "bulk ordering" in name only.

The best parts parks I have scored of late have been 6097s, 6492s, and 6497s
at substantial discounts.  Larger sets, like 6097, at a good discount begin to
approximate the number of elements and prices I want from bulk ordering. 6097
for $25 USD is 2500 / 598 = 4.18 cents an element!  You get grey bricks, black
bricks, minis, etc. -- Such a deal...!

Why buy bulk?

-- Richard