 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 476
    Bulk Ording Downside? —Adam Howard
   I just wanted to voice my concerns about the aparent downside to the Lego Company's new method of selling parts. While I love the idea of being able to order bulk parts, especially when they are special parts the you normally have to buy several (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Bulk Ording Downside? —John Neal
    (...) Easy there cowboy. Try and look at the big picture. Bulk is berry, berry good in every way and here's why. Take the roof bricks pack for example. I have purchased dozens of those and am left over with many elements I don't want. Bulk lets me (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Bulk Ording Downside? —Richard Marchetti
     (...) I hesitate to agree with your opinion on the matter, John. I'd be more impressed if the current bulk orders were more compelling in terms of items offered, quantities available, and price. I liked the tiles, the small window, and the small (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Bulk Ording Downside? —Frank Filz
     (...) I don't really consider discounted sets as any sort of competition for bulk. In part, I think that what we are seeing is a bubble which is going to burst. To some extent, right now we are flushing out a bunch of excess, poorly distributed (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Bulk Ording Downside? —Richard Marchetti
     (...) Right. And this is because everyone loves Rock Raiders, the new and vastly overpriced AND vastly juniorized town sets, arctic, castle, etc? Guess again. I am not touching that large castle set except at deep discount. In fact, I won't touch (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Bulk Ording Downside? —Christopher Masi
   I would say that until bulk ordering is up and going full speed we need the parts packs. At the moment the parts packs are offering pieces (doors, windows, minifig accessories, corner roof pieces, a larger selection of plates) that are not available (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)