 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4547
Re: LEGO Stack-It!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2002 21:17:36 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee writes:
All,

We just launched a really fun LEGO game in conjunction with MSN Zone, LEGO
Stack-It. Check it out at:

http://zone.msn.com/stackit/default.asp

I would love to hear what you think!

Within two minutes of my loading it up at work (on a coffee break!) there
was another person in the office loading it up to try it as well.  The next
day she told me she'd found herself on the same site that night at home, and
the kids were nowhere in sight.  :)

I thought the game was a neat mixture of sort of a reverse-Tetris and a
reverse-Breakout.  Quick to learn and good play value.  A lot like some of
the Atari games of my youth.

Perhaps I didn't read all the instructions etc. but I can't really figure
out what's up with the labels on the bricks once they've been locked into
place.  Did I miss something?  Or is it just a graphic effect to help the
player?

Overall though I thought this was an excellent effort.  Good work all !

All the best,
Allan B.