 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4531
Re: LEGO Stack-It!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 18:19:00 GMT

"Alex Cruz" <alexAT@uxbDOT.net> wrote in message
news:Gw29sD.4Kp@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee writes:
All,

We just launched a really fun LEGO game in conjunction with MSN Zone, • LEGO
Stack-It. Check it out at:

http://zone.msn.com/stackit/default.asp

Jake,
Is there any particular reason WHY it is being hosted at • zone.msn.com? The
reason I bring this up is becasue not all of us use IEEEE to browse • the web and
the Zone is a very discrimatory site. StackIT is a Shockwave game • which
unbeknownst to many, I can run under Linux. M$'s blatant excuse right • on the
front page telling me that, and I quote, "Note that our Netscape 6 • support is
still under construction. Some games may not function properly while • that
support is being completed.If you do not want to upgrade your browser, • you can
still use the Zone, however some pages may not render properly and • some games
may not function properly." is a complete farce. Sorry for the ranting • but
these kinds of obvious attempts by M$ are despicable.

Because Lego and Microsoft have agreed several technical and commerical
arrangements, and a content agreement, such as MS providing them
technology, Lego building games for the XBOX, using MSN, etc, etc.
They even have a 'shared dream'
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/press/morepress.asp?RegionalSiteId=11&id=15
4

Lawrence